Monday, September 7, 2009

Swoon by Nina Malkin

Swoon by Nina Malkin
Published: New York : Simon Pulse, 2009

In rural Connecticut, when seventeen-year-old Dice tries to exorcise a seventeenth-century man who is possessing her cousin Pen, she inadvertently makes him corporeal--and irresistible.

I found Swoon to be a really good book. I loved every part of it.

I liked most of the characters, I really liked Dice and I thought she was a pretty cool character. I think that the only character I wasn't too fond of was Pen. But I have to say that I felt Nina Malkin did a good job with character development.

The story line itself is a really good one. It is unique and the first book I've read that is actually about possession.

Swoon is definitely a well-written book, the interest level is there too. The chapters are all quite short and so I kept telling myself, I'll just read one more chapter but I would soon find myself reading five chapters.

The only thing I didn't really like was the drug use but thats just me and to be honest it didn't change the way I felt about the story as a whole or anything like that.

Overall, Swoon is definitely worth your time. It is a great novel with a unique story line and great characters. If you enjoy paranormal stories with a twist of romance then Swoon is definitely the book for you.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm DYING to read this one... my friend recently bought it and I'm planning on kidnapping the book once I get to her house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Swoon! and I have to agree, I wasn't the biggest fan of Pen.

    I love when books have short chapters as well, but it does make you want to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!