Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sun Kissed by Melissa De La Cruz

Sun Kissed by Melissa De La Cruz
Published: Simon & Schuster, 2006
Series: Book 3, The Au Pairs

Be careful or you'll get burned.

The three hottest au pairs in history are back, and this time they're ready to rule the Hamptons. Mara has all the VIPs in the hottest clubs hanging on her every word. Eliza's family is back from financial ruin; and she's got the platinum charge cards to prove it. Jacqui is newly single and ready for some steamy summer hook-ups. The girls seem to have it all this summer...but looks, as we all know, can be deceiving.


I really enjoyed reading the first two Au Pairs novels and Sun Kissed was very enjoyable too.


It was good to see all three girls back together again for a summer of adventure, fun and of course drama. It was also good to see all my old favourite characters back for another fun book.


While this is a totally fun, light and breezy book I have to admit there was a couple of parts that had me tearing in the eyes. I also had a good laugh and I also got angry. Melissa de la Cruz did an awesome job at capturing emotions and putting them on paper.


The storyline was good. It wasn't hugely heavy and I have to say that some parts of it I found to be incredibly relatable.


Sun Kissed is the perfect book to read in the summer time. If you haven't read the first two books in the series I suggest you do before starting on this one as they do relate. So if you're looking for a great book this summer I guarantee that Sun Kissed and the rest of the Au Pairs books will fill your need of a highly entertaining but light and summery read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!