Saturday, September 5, 2009

Reading on Film : Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The other week I went to see the new Harry Potter movie, and I have also read the book.

The Book

The book is my favourite book out of all the Harry Potter books. I think I like it because it has the whole element of mystery of who is the half-blood prince? And I just love the Harry Potter series. Here is a summary of the book:
'In a brief statement on Friday night, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He Who Must Not Be Named has returned to this country and is once more active. "It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord - well, you know who I mean - is alive and among us again," said Fudge.' These dramatic words appeared in the final pages of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. In the midst of this battle of good and evil, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince takes up the story of Harry Potter's sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, with Voldemort's power and followers increasing day by day.

The Film:
I didn't mind the film, but I have to say that I was a little disappointed in it. Mostly because I felt that they didn't go into much detail about the half-blood prince.
Really they were quite vague with a lot of things in the movie. And they added in a few bits that I don't remember reading about.
But it was an entertaining movie and it was good to see all the old characters and a couple of new ones.
Overall, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is a highly entertaining movie.

I now leave you with the trailer:


5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! The movie was okay, but not great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean too. If you separate it from the book then it's ok but otherwise I wasn't really fond of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts exactly on the movie. Really enjoyed it but didn't like the fact that they didn't go into the whole half-blood prince thing as much as they should have. I mean, really! It's the title of the book and movie. There should be more than just little references to it in the beginning and then all the way at the end. I think I might actually go and reread the books one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THESE MOVIES. I saw the 6th recently as well and I felt a bit disappointed. Haven't read the book yet, but it seemed very slow and undetailed. Still, I took every minute in. Can't wait to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the movie left out some important elements from the book - mainly - who/what the half blood prince was. I also felt that this movie was the first that you really needed to have read the books in order to understand.
    Still LOVED it thought because I'm a big HP fangeek :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!