Monday, September 21, 2009

Love you to Death by Meg Cabot

Love you to Death by Meg Cabot
Published: PocketBooks, c2000
Series: Book 1, Mediator
Alternative titles: Shadowland

There's a hot guy in Susannah Simon's bedroom. Too bad he's a ghost.

Suze is a mediator-a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. But Jesse, the hot ghost haunting her bedroom, doesn't seem to need her help. Which is a relief, because Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations.

But the very first day at her new school, Suze realizes it's not that easy. There's a ghost with revenge on her mind.and Suze happens to be in the way.


Love you to Death was a very interesting read. When I read the first chapter I thought, this is kind of boring. Fortunately for me Love you to Death was a book that got more and more interesting after each chapter. So of course the further I got into the book the less I could put it down.

I thought that Suze was such a cool character, she's tough, and she doesn't care what other people think about her. I don't think I've ever come across a character quite like Suze. Later on in the book I did find myself having a bit of a soft spot for Doc AKA Dave. I really liked Dave he was a cool kid.

The story line itself was definitely a very cool story line. Once again Meg Cabot surprises me with some of the serious issues she brings up in her books.

This is the third book by Meg that I have read and I am impressed. I love how Meg can make a fun and light read but have some serious issues in it.

The ending of this book was quite good. It provided a really good opening for a sequel and I know that I will definitely be going to find the next book in the series to join Suze on some more adventures.

So would I recommend you read this book? Definitely. If you haven't already read this book then pick up a copy next time you see it.

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Seems like an interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series, it's definitely one of my favorite Meg Cabot series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this series, too. I read the fifth one first when I found it at the library, but they didn't have any of the others. It was very frustrating when I wanted to read what came before, thankfully they released them all again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mediator is exciting misterious and crazy exactly the way i like it. The next book i cant wait to read im so exciting. I encourage others to read theis book as it is one os a kind.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!