Monday, August 10, 2009

Switch by Carol Snow

Switch by Carol Snow

Published: New York : HarperTeen, 2008


Living in a small beach community with her mother, fifteen-year-old Claire, an accomplished swimmer, discovers that, like her long-dead but, still very much present, grandmother, she has the ability to inhabit other people's bodies while asleep.

I really enjoyed Switch. It reminded me a little of some of the books by Todd Strasser where the people get stuck inside other people's bodies. But this one was more grown up and sophisticated.

I really liked the characters Claire and Beanie. They were both genuinely themselves and didn't really care too much about what other people thought of them.

I really loved the idea of this book too. It's not everyday you read a book about a girl that can switch bodies with other people.

The ending was pretty predictable but that didn't really bother me.

Overall, I felt that Switch was an interesting and entertaining read. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a short, entertaining read.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cover!

    It looks a lot of people have been reading predictable books lately, but I think brain candy/comfort books are really great for those hot sunny days. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!