Saturday, August 15, 2009

Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Publisher: Laurel-Leaf, 2003
Series: Book 4, Den of Shadows

Turquoise Draka, a mercenary trained to fight vampires, witches, and shape-shifters, infiltrates a vampire stronghold, but ghosts from her past and new possibilities for her future threaten to distract her from the work at hand.

I quite enjoyed reading Midnight Predator even if it did take me a long time to finally finish it.
I thought the characters were all quite interesting. Especially Jaguar who I think I'd read about in a previous Den of Shadows book. There was also another character that I remember reading about but I'm not sure if it's the same person or which book it was in. I wish I was able to read the series closer together so I could've remembered properly.
The plot itself was an interesting one, my only problem was that it lacked something that made it kind of boring in places. It picked up about two-thirds of the way through and from there it was really good. But prior to that it just wasn't fantastic.
I felt the ending was a little too open and vague. I would've liked more closure than it gave. It did leave it open so that I wondered if there was going to be more later or if there was a connection to a previous book and the series is actually out of sequence time-wise.
However, I thought that Midnight Predator was an interesting book that failed to capture my undivided attention until the very last few pages. I would recommend this one to anyone interested in vampires.

1 comment:

  1. i like some of her books. Shattered mirror was really good.great review :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!