Friday, August 21, 2009

Kiss of Life by Daniel Waters

Kiss of Life by Daniel Waters
Published: New York : Disney/Hyperion Books, c2009
Series: Book 2, Generation Dead

Adam's return from death has made Phoebe's love life even weirder. Now she has to choose between two zombie boys. She knows how Adam needs her, but she still has feelings for Tommy. Meanwhile, the zombie population of Oakville, Conn., continues to grow. As their numbers rise, the undead community is becoming increasingly divided.

I don't really judge books by their covers but I'm kind of disappointed with this cover. Basically, for Generation Dead I got the UK version of the cover which is plain and simple with just a flower on it. To me the cover above makes the book seem kind of silly, I don't know it just seems like this cover isn't really serious. I found the mood of the book to be quite a serious and sad one and there just seems to be something lacking from this cover. But however, this didn't affect my opinions of the story.
I really love reading Kiss of Life. It was quite sad at the same time though. I found myself feeling really sad at certain parts and I kind of had tears in my eyes a little in some places. Daniel Waters definitely captured emotions well in this book.
The direction that this book headed was definitely very sad and very sombre. I still liked it though.
I had my suspicions about some characters and bits and pieces from Generation Dead and I have to say that my suspicions were definitely confirmed in this book. Which was quite sad.
There were some humourous parts which I laughed at and thought were good because in a serious mood you need a few laughs.
The ending definitely left and opening for another book. At least I hope that there will be another book because I am dying to know what happens next as I did with Generation Dead. I would just like to say that Daniel Waters did an excellent job with this book. It was well-written, the beginning was perfect, it really set the mood for the rest of the book and the ending is definitely a good one.
Overall, I loved this book. I am really wishing that there is a sequel and that it comes out soon because I am dying to know what happens. Excuse the pun. I'd recommend this and the first book to everyone. A lot of people think that sequels are often not as great as the original but I have to say that Kiss of Life is definitely better than Generation Dead.

1 comment:

  1. awesome review! i like the US covers on both. I have 2 read this series :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!