Sunday, August 16, 2009

In My Mailbox (20)

In My Mailbox (20)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

This week I got two books and they both came from the library.


Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce

Having been promoted from "Puppy" to "Dog," Beka, now a full-fledged member of the Provost's Guard, and her former partner head to a neighboring port city to investigate a case of counterfeit coins.

I was so excited to finally get my hands on this book as I loved Terrier. Bloodhound is a massive book so it might take me a while to get through but I will definitely get through it.


Jinx by Meg Cabot

Does Jinx have bad luck - or special powers?

Misfortune has followed Jean Honeychurch all her life - which is how she earned the nickname Jinx. And now her parents have shipped her off to New York City to stay with relatives - including her sophisticated cousin Tory - until the trouble she's caused back home dies down.

Could she even be . . . a WITCH?

Tory is far too cool to bother with Jinx - until Jinx's chronic bad luck wreaks havoc in Tory's perfect life--including causing Tory's crush, Zack, to start paying way too much attention to her red-headed cousin from Iowa. Only then does Jinx discover that beneath Tory's big-city glamour lies a world of hatred and revenge. Now it seems that the jinx that's driven Jean crazy may just be the only thing that can save her life . . .


I've heard some really good things about this book and I recently read Airhead by Meg Cabot and really liked it so I'm hoping Jinx will be good too.


Thats it for this week, I can't wait to see what everyone else got.

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cover of Jinx I got a copy but the cover is not the same. Happy Reading!


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to confess I've never read anything by Meg Cabot, but Jinx sounds like a pretty fun book. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister loved Jinx, so hopefully you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read Jinx, but sadly it was only a library copy, it was awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Rebecca!

    Thanks for commenting on my IMM post. I read Jink by Meg Cabot a while back and it's really a great story, hope you like it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome books! love meg cabot! i need to read bloodhound myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books. I loved Bloodhound. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Jinx. It was such a fun book. I still haven't caught up to that last series Pierce wrote, but I will one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should really read more works by both of those authors. I've only read one Tamora Pierce book, and I've never read Meg Cabot. Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of the books that you got this week. Tamora Pierce was the first YA that I read (the Alanna series), while Meg Cabot's writing is hilarious. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard nothing but good things about Pierce. Thanks for coming by. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never read anything by Tamora Pierce. I've heard great things though.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jinx has been super popular in my library and well anything by Tamora Pierce is awesome...enjoy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Meg Cabot! I am not familiar with Tamora Pierce but looks good!

    http://booknerdextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/08/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Tamora Pierce, but I have started the Beka books yet. (I own "Terrier" though.) I'm not very good at waiting in between a series. I'll just wait patiently until the third one comes out.

    "Jinx" was good. Not my favorite Cabot, but still good.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not had a chance to read any of Tamora Pierce's books, but I've heard great things.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy reading! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved Jinx - but then it's by Meg Cabot and I haven't read a book of hers I haven't Loved. Hope you enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh you got Jinx and Bloodhound. They are both super awesome I have no doubts that you will indeed enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really should read something by Tamora Pierce! Have a good week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read Bloodhound! It's really good. I didn't read Terrier, so it was a little confusing at first, but it is really good. You can check out my review here if you want. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!