Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Published: London : Doubleday Children’s, 2009

"Just listen," Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel. I open my eyes wide now. I sit up as much as I can. And I listen."Stay," he says. Everybody has to make choices. Some might break you. For seventeen-year-old Mia, surrounded by a wonderful family, friends and a gorgeous boyfriend decisions might seem tough, but they're all about a future full of music and love, a future that's brimming with hope. But life can change in an instant. A cold February morning ...a snowy road ...and suddenly all of Mia's choices are gone. Except one. As alone as she'll ever be, Mia must make the most difficult choice of all.

If I Stay was a really interesting and well-written story.

From the very first page I found myself drawn into Gayle Forman’s tale, wondering just how exactly an entire book can be written about a girl in a coma. I now know how she did it, and I must say If I Stay is a very fine piece of literature.

If I Stay is a very unique story and I loved every word of it.

The characters were all perfectly formed; there was nobody that I didn’t love.

I loved the storyline, I found myself devouring this novel in a day because it was that interesting. I was just dying to know what happened next.

Gayle Forman captured emotions well throughout the entire book.

Overall, I really loved If I Stay. It was unique, and the descriptions were fantastic. I’d recommend this book to everyone, especially those who love a good emotional, well-written story.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know this book had a different cover. I'm used to seeing the sky-blue one instead. Now you've made me curious! x)

    I saw that you got Swoon from you IMM post! When you read/review it, tell me? I've wondered whether I should buy it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading If I stay now.. its good but it's taking me awhile 2 read, i being lazy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!