Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Guest Post: A poem from Reggie

Today I am doing something a little different in that I won't be posting up content that comes from me except for this little bit at the start. Anyway, Reggie from The Undercover Book Lover has kindly agreed to do a guest post today. Reggie is another book blogger but she also writes poems. Today's post will be one of her poems. Her poem is entitled The Heartbeat and if you like this one you should definitely check out her blog as she has more there. So without further ado I give you Reggie:
Past:

In a heartbeat,

I talked to you

In a heartbeat,

I gave you a smile

In a heartbeat,

I listened to you

In a heartbeat,

We were friends


Future:

In a heartbeat,

I would help you

In a heartbeat,

I would always be there

In a heartbeat,

I would defend you

In a heartbeat,

I would save you



Present:

In a heartbeat,

Right here,

Right now,

At this moment,

I give you my heart


Do you know why?

Because in a heartbeat,

Right when we met,

I loved you

And in a heartbeat,

I would still say I do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!