Monday, August 24, 2009

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Published: Orlando : Harcourt, 2008

In a world where some people are born with extreme and often-feared skills called Graces, Katsa struggles for redemption from her own horrifying Grace, the Grace of killing, and teams up with another young fighter to save their land from a corrupt king.

It took me a long time to read Graceling but I can tell you that it was definitely not time wasted. Graceling has got to be one of the best books I have read all year.
It is one of those books that have everything, action, drama, mystery, suspense, romance, and of course the biggest thing of all is the fantasy element.
I love fantasy and this book is definitely the perfect book for fantasy fans.
The characters were all really cool. I loved watching Katsa change throughout the book. I also loved Po, he is definitely one cool guy.
I loved the idea of some people having Graces. It's good to find out about the different people's Graces.
Overall, this book is completely perfect. The whole time I was reading Graceling I was thinking wow, Kristin Cashore is on the same page as Tamora Pierce when it comes to fantasy heroines.
With Graceling, I laughed, I got angry and there were times I felt like I wanted to cry. This book is definitely one you should read.
I recommend this to everybody, especially fans of fantasy. I guarantee that you will definitely love it.

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree. I loved this book. That trek through the Grellas pass was amazing. Apparently the sequel is going to be called Bitterblue. How cool is it that she's going to be the main character?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this book has been popping up in every blog I visit! Maybe it's a sign that I should read it? xD

    I saw the books on your IMM post! I reaaally want Prophecy of the sisters. I'm so so so tempted to buy it, shiny cover and all. x___x; Also, I didn't know that the first book in the mediator series had a different title! (I read it as Shadowland). I hope you enjoy that series, it's very cute. And thank you for visiting my IMM post ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this book. I'll have to read Fire too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read this yet but plan to - it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one was awesome! Katsa is a really strong character, and Po was definitely one of my favourite characters too! I can't wait for Fire to be released!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!