Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gothic Lolita by Dakota Lane

Gothic Lolita by Dakota Lane
Publisher: New York : Athenium Books for Young Readers, 2008

Sixteen-year-olds Chelsea and Miya have a lot in common, from their love of blogging, loss of loved ones, and the Shonin rainbow warrior books, to nationalities, even though they are half-way across the world from each other.

Gothic Lolita was an interesting story. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either.
The photos in the book were quite interesting. They didn't make much sense to me however.
At first I found parts of the story to be slightly confusing and so I was coming up with all sorts of theories about how the book was going to end.
Eventually I got the feel of how things were going and the book wasn't too bad.
The story line was a little boring. It's a short read but it took me quite a while.
I have to say though, I learnt quite a lot of bits and pieces about Japanese culture which was quite interesting.
Overall, I thought Gothic Lolita was an interesting book and not at all what I was expecting. I'd recommend this one to anyone looking for a different sort of read.

1 comment:

  1. nice honest review! i love the cover, i don't really like confusing books. I messes up my brain lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!