Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dead is so Last Year by Marlene Perez

Dead is so Last Year by Marlene Perez
Published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, c2009
Series: Book 3, Dead is

In the beach town of Nightshade, California, home to both human and supernatural beings, the Giordano sisters find summer employment and uncover mysteries involving doppelgangers and oversized football players.

I have really enjoyed reading the whole Dead is series and Dead is so Last Year was definitely a good one.
I love mystery stories and I loved how this book had three mysteries. It was so cool. I found myself reading this one through my lectures so that I could finish it and find out what happens at the end.
I was very happy with the end, I had guessed a couple of things but there were actually quite a few surprises in there at the end.
I liked all he characters, Daisy is still my favourite character. It was also really good to get to know about the elusive Slim.
Overall, Marlene Perez did a great job on writing this book. This book is ideal for sitting down one afternoon and flicking through the book in no time at all.
Highly entertaining I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a light mystery story with a paranormal twist.

3 comments:

  1. I had this series my shelf. I just haven't got around to reading them YET. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about these books - wondering if they are ok for 7th graders. thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing Marlene Perez's books at my library, so I'll definitely have to check them out sometime. Thanks for the review! Also, I've nominated you for a blog award over here: http://feedyourimagination.blogspot.com/2009/08/so-many-awards-so-little-time.html

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!