Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Airhead by Meg Cabot

Airhead by Meg Cabot
Published: New York : Point, 2008
Series: Book 1, Airhead

Sixteen-year-old Emerson Watts, an advanced placement student with a disdain for fashion, is the recipient of a "whole body transplant" and finds herself transformed into one of the world's most famous teen supermodels.

Lately I’ve been going through a reading slump and Airhead was a book that I could actually get into.
Airhead wasn’t really anything like I was expecting it to be. I thought it was going to be some light and fluffy book about a girl who switches bodies with another girl and they each live as each other. However, Airhead took on a much more science fiction viewpoint which was something that I really loved about it.
I loved most of the characters. I really liked Em a lot but I didn’t like how she went about some things.
Emotionally, Airhead was a really good book. I felt sad when I was supposed to feel sad and I felt happy when I was supposed to be happy.
The story line was brilliant.
Overall, I really loved Airhead. I want to know more about every aspect of the book now. The ending definitely left me wanting more. I’m happy to say that there is indeed a sequel out called Being Nikki and it is only a matter of time before I get my hands on it.
Meg Cabot did a brilliant job of writing Airhead. This is the very first book I’ve ever read of Meg Cabot’s and I loved it and I will definitely be reading more from her.
I recommend this one to anyone looking for a fun, interesting and highly entertaining read. This book is perfect when you’re after something that isn’t a heavy read. So next time you see this book. Go ahead and read it. You might just like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!