Friday, July 3, 2009

Skinny by Ibi Kaslik

Skinny by Ibi Kaslik
Published: New York : Walker & Company, 2006


After the death of their father, two sisters struggle with various issues, including their family history, personal relationships, and an extreme eating disorder.

Skinny is a very serious and sad novel.

At first I was a little confused by what was going on because I couldn't tell which parts were flash backs but eventually I got there and understood the plot really well.

The two main characters Giselle and Holly, were both really well written characters and from the descriptions of Ibi Kaslik I felt as though I was there with the two girls.

I really liked that the book was written from both Holly's and Giselle's perspectives because it really helped develop the story.

I loved how the ending was, right up unitl the very end I had no idea how this book was going to end. It was quite a struggle for Giselle coping with anorexia.

Overall, I really enjoyed Skinny, it was quite sad at parts. It isa very gripping and serious story about a girl struggling with anorexia and life in general. I'd recommend this one to anyone interested in real life reads.

My Rating: φφφ

4 comments:

  1. I can't say I'd read this one, but it does look like it would be interesting. I like books with flashbacks, but you're right - sometimes it's hard to tell when it starts and stops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about reading this one for a while now. I shall have to skip it. It really doesn't sound like something I'd like.

    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does it end?Does Giselle Dye? I need to know bcause i left my book at school and have to do a project on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is the tone/mood of the story? ive reread the book and i cant seem to find it! please help, ive been looking everywhere

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!