Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Lot Of Things In One Post

A Lot Of Things Shoved Into One Post



Every year I feel this special connection to the 1st of July. There's just so much going on.


I think that the main reason everyone is reading this post would most likely be to find out who the winner of Braced 2 Bite by Serena Robar is.

So without further ado I give you:
Callie

So congratulations Callie your name (numbered entry) was drawn using a random number generator. So, I will most likely be emailing you right about now.


Next on the agenda of quite a few things...
The Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge that I have signed up for begins today. So, when I can get my hands on some of those books I will be away laughing on a fast camel. If anyone else is joining in with it good luck.


Also, seeing as how it is the first of the month I shall wave my wand and do a little June wrap-up.
So, June was a pretty good month for me in the way of books I have read. I got quite a lot of books read even though I had quite a few assignments and exams. Now that it's July I'm hoping to read a lot more books because I have a two week semester break. Yay!! Nevertheless here are all the lovely books I got to read in June:

Cathy’s Key by Sean Stewart

Braced 2 Bite by Serena Robar

Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith

I Like to Whine by William G. Bentrim

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Jane in Bloom by Deborah Lytton

Cathy’s Ring by Sean Stewart

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Stupid Perfect World by Scott Westerfeld

My Life is a Girdle by Gretel Killeen

100 Bible Stories 100 Bible Songs by Stephen Elkins

Looks by Madeleine George

Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee

My Favourite book for this month would be:

Looks by Madeleine George

My Least Favourite book for this month would be:

Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith


I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing for July on my blog. I do know there will be more theme weeks coming up however. I have a few ideas in mind but I am definitely open to suggestions if anyone would like to give me any ideas. I am most likely going to repeat a few theme weeks every now and again.






The penultimate thing that I wanted to talk about was that here (New Zealand), today the 1st of July 2009, is the release of the ninth book in the Demonata series by Darren Shan entitled Dark Calling. I have been waiting for this book for such a long time. Hopefully I can get my hands on it very soon.

I think thats all I wanted to mention at this point in time.



The only other thing I can think of is that today is my birthday so here's hoping that I get some books today. I usually do, like last year I ended up getting around 15 books. Most of them I bought myself with my birthday money but I did get some as presents too. The reason I bought so many was because I went away to another city for a holiday and was introduced to Borders. (My hometown doesn't have a Borders).

Anyway, I think I've gone on enough for today so once again congratulations to Callie and I hope everyone has a great July.

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!

    WHAT?! NO BORDERS!? Blasphemy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Maybe it bring you LOTS of BOOKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, and may many books come in to your possession.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Rebecca!
    I replied to your email

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Rebecca! We are totally birthday twins, except my birthday was on June 29, but close enough! (:

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!