Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jane in Bloom by Deborah Lytton

Jane in Bloom by Deborah Lytton

Published: New York : Dutton Children’s Books, c2009




Jane's big sister, Lizzie, has always been the center of attention. No one ever pays attention to boring, plain Jane. But Jane's twelfth birthday marks the beginning of Lizzie's final descent into a fatal eating disorder, and Jane discovers that the only thing harder than living in her big sister's shadow is living without her ...

In the wake of tragedy, Jane learns to look through her camera lens and frame life differently, embracing her broken family and understanding that every girl has her season to blossom.

I really enjoyed reading Jane in Bloom.

The characters were all really well-written and interesting people. I really liked Jane and I felt bad for what she was going through.

The storyline itself was quite interesting. I believe that Deborah Lytton definitely captured emotions well in this novel. I found myself having tears in my eyes at some parts of the book, while at other parts I was laughing along with the characters.

Jane’s story was a really good one. One thing that I really loved was the talk about roses. It definitely makes the cover suited to the book.

Overall, I really liked Jane in Bloom and think it is a good book about dealing with the loss of someone who died of an eating disorder. I’d recommend this one to anyone looking for a short, but emotional read.

My Rating: φφφφ

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm cover is not my fav, but I could give this a shot ^^

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!