Sunday, July 26, 2009

In My Mailbox (17)

In My Mailbox (17)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

This week I just got three books from the library. I'm trying to diminish my reading pile so I've been reading through the weekend to diminish my pile. Now for the books that I got:

Dead is so Last Year by Marlene Perez

In the beach town of Nightshade, California, home to both human and supernatural beings, the Giordano sisters find summer employment and uncover mysteries involving doppelgangers and oversized football players.

I read the first two books in the series and I loved them. In fact I reviewed them this week. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading this one.


Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Sixteen-year-old Dru's psychic abilities helped her father battle zombies and other creatures of the "Real World," but now she must rely on herself, a "werwulf"-bitten friend, and a half-human vampire hunter to learn who murdered her parents, and why.

This book sounds really good so I got it out. Also when I looked at the cover I had no idea, but it's actually really shiny in the background which is cool.


I'd Tell you I Love you but then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

As a sophomore at a secret spy school and the daughter of a former CIA operative, Cammie is sheltered from "normal teenage life" until she meets a local boy while on a class surveillance mission.

I really like spy novels, I loved the Alex Rider series and so I figure these ones should be really cool, especially with a female protagonist.

14 comments:

  1. Fun books! I really enjoyed the Ally Carter one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with you on the Ally Carter novel; I also got I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I play bass, I've been playing for a year but I've been playing guitar for three years now. That's so cool that you play bass! The Aerosmith book is great and it's all from there POV. I wish I had 13 Aerosmith CDs... I really want Nine Lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh awesome books you got. I like the sound of the dead is so last year one and the i'd tell you i love you one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books,
    I really want to read Strange Angels :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Strange Angels! I was going to read it... But found The Sweet Far Thing, So naturally I had to buy it, making a big hole on my pocket in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the covers for the books in the Dead is series are really interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! I really enjoyed Strange Angels...can't wait for the next one!
    Enjoy :o)
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Strange Angels recently. Happy Reading!


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You and I love it. I'm also getting ready to read Dead is so Last Year.

    Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lot of people will be reading Strange Angels this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great selection of books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great books! Enjoy and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i need to read those dead books! looks like you had a great week! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!