Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hunted by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

Hunted by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast
Published: London : Atom, 2009
Series: Book 5, House of Night


Zoey Redbird continues to discover her powers at the House of Night school for vampyres.'The door closed with a sickening thud of finality, shutting my friends out and leaving me alone with my enemy, a fallen angel, and the monstrous bird creature his ancient lust had created. Then I did something I'd only done twice before in my entire life. I fainted.' It's all happening, though Zoey Redbird wishes it wasn't. She has her friends back, which is great. But a dark angel has taken over the House of Night, supported by High Priestess Neferet. Not so great. This leaves Zoey hiding out with the (supposedly friendly) red fledglings in Tulsa's prohibition-era tunnels. The not greatness continues. Zoey has some boy-thoughts to distract her, with a chance to make-up with super-hot-ex Eric. But thoughts of the archer that died, semi-permanently, in her arms also keep distracting her. Then he shows up as Neferet's newest minion. Well, hell. Zoey and friends need a plan to put things right, soon, if she's to keep both head and heart intact.

Hunted was alright, it wasn't a really great or memorable book but it was slightly entertaining.
The characters were all pretty average, none of them really stuck out in my mind. One thing that really annoyed me was that Zoey acts so slutty. She goes on about how she hates girls like that but she acts like that herself. As if she thinks having three guys is acceptable.
I really hate the repeats of everything. Seriously, I get that Erin and Shaunee are like twins but they're opposite looking. I also know that Damien is gay and his boyfriend is Jack. And everything else that is always repeated.

There were of course some really interesting bits in the story which I found myself wanting to know more about.
The ending was kind of confusing I'm not sure what exactly happened but however.
Overall, I found Hunted to be slightly annoying and in a way kind of pointless. To me it just was a filler for the plot. I just hope that the authors improve their story in the future.
My Rating: φφφ

3 comments:

  1. It is totally a filler!!! I friggin' hate that and I could not finish it. I still haven't. I think I'll wait for the next book to come out and skim through both. I hate the filleriness. Pisses me off so much! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a filler. I felt like when u are watching anime and all of the sudden they bring out this couple of episodes that dont make sense, they are there just to create an imaginary plot so u wont get bored and leave the series behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. It bugged me that she was finally(!) involved with one guy for the beginning of the book and then ends up with three guys all over again! It's like a revolving door for her. Sadly, I will most likely end up reading the next one anyway to see where the heck this series is going.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!