Saturday, July 4, 2009

Huge by Sasha Paley

Huge by Sasha Paley
Published: New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2007


Hilarious and immediately relatable, this novel about first love, friendship, and self-acceptance tells the story of two teenage girls--both overweight--who meet, then clash, at a weight-loss camp.

I really enjoyed reading Huge. It was a light and sometimes funny read. I found it to be thoroughly enteratining.

I really liked the plot of Huge, it was light and easy-going and didn't take on a very serious tone. It was a really fun novel to read and I really enjoyed sharing in the antics of Wil and April. My only complaint is that it was slightly slow-going at the beginning but it soon became a really interesting book and I fond myself sucked into reading it non-stop wanting to know what happened next.

The characters were all pretty decent. There was the typical "popular" types that made the whole story enteratining. I really loved the characters April and Wil as I found them to be really genuine and great. I felt sorry for Wil though.

I really like the cover of Huge. It looks delicious and it looks quite fun. When I picked Huge up off the shelf I was't sure if I would like it or not but I now know that this book is definitely a very good one.

Overall, I loved Huge, it was light, fluffy and would make a great summer read. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for something light and slightly funny. Huge is a really fun novel.

My Rating: φφφφφ

1 comment:

  1. I'd never even heard of this book before, so thanks for the great review! I really like the cover and it sounds good, so this is going on my to-be-read list.

    Kristin

    P.S. I like how the last three books you've reviewed all have images of food on the cover ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!