Friday, July 31, 2009

Avalon High Volume Two : Homecoming by Meg Cabot

Avalon High Volume Two : Homecoming by Meg Cabot
Published: Los Angeles : Tokyopop, c2008
Series: Volume 2, Avalon High Coronation

Will's dangerous brother has been released from the mental hospital, but is he trustworthy? Meanwhile, Mr. Morton is sure that Will is the reincarnation of King Arthur--and he must convince him before the world ends.

Because of the cliffhanger ending from the first book in the series I grabbed this one up quickly and read through it.
One thing that I didn't find so great was that it repeated the first part of the first book but in a way it would've been good for people who hadn't read the first one for quite a while. Plus it's useful if you haven't read the novel Avalon High by Meg Cabot. Which I haven't but I definitely will be if the book is anything like this series.
Anyway, the characters are all interesting. I'm curious to know what they're up to and especially who some of them are, as it seems there are new bad guys afoot.
The story line is really good, it's the perfect fantasy, based on historical myths. The whole King Arthur thing is really cool.
The ending was another cliffhanger. So I can't wait for the third book to come out. It's supposed to come out on the first of September so I'm not sure when it will be seen here.
Overall, I quite enjoyed this book and I'd recommend this to fantasy fans, or anyone into King Arthur and Merlin etc.
My Rating: φφφφ

2 comments:

  1. Me too! I can't wait for the next one! I love Avalon High! It's basically the only manga I read. I don't know any other type...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah I just finished reading avol high an hour ago and found out theres a second one 2 seconds ago and now theres gonna be a 3rd 1 this way kool i cant wait i love this book

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!