Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Life is a Girdle by Gretel Killeen

My Life is a Girdle by Gretel Killeen
Published: Random House Australia, 2003
Series: Book 4, Fleur Trotter

Bravo, bonjour and welcome! Here it is, the hugely anticipated sequel to the enormous cult classics and intergalactic bestsellers My Life is a Toilet, My Life is a Wedgie and My Life is a Boob Tube. Laugh, weep and make you frizzy hair smooth as Fleur not only deals with being dumped, a massive zit and a dying grandma who's turned orange, but also competes against her family for a million dollars in a reality TV show that's broadcast live across the universe. Oh yes, that's right, the books is brilliant because it reveals the duplicity of human nature, the complications of love, and Fleur's bum.

I really loved reading My Life is a Girdle, it was utterly hilarious.
I'd read about Fleur's adventures in her previous three books and loved them. This one was great too. I found myself laughing out loud a lot.
Fleur really is a delightful character. She's just so funny and I find her family to be so weird it's really interesting and makes for a funny read.
I must say however, the ending of My Life is a Girdle was a bit of a surprise as I had not expected it at all.
Overall, I really liked My Life is a Girdle, it's very original and hilarious. I would recommend this one to anyone looking for a good laugh. I would suggest however, reading the previous three (My Life is a Toilet, My Life is a Wedgie and My Life is a Boob Tube).
My Rating:φφφφ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!