Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over by Cherry Whytock

My Cup Runneth Over by Cherry Whytock
Published: New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers 2003

Series: Book 1, Angelica Cookson Potts/ Angel


Believing she is too big, fourteen-year-old Angel tries dieting and kick-boxing to lose weight, but thanks to her friends and the school fashion show, she discovers that her size is just right. Includes recipes.

I read this one in a couple of hours as it was quite a short read. There were a couple of humorous bits in it but not that many.
The characters were nothing too special to be honest. The dad, Potty was about the only slightly interesting character. Angel was a little bit too sensitive about her weight. She really didn't have that much to worry about. I felt that her character just complained all the time.
As for the story line it was really predictable and nothing out of the ordinary. Everything that was meant to be a surprise was obvious.
The only really cool thing was the recipes that were in the book.
Overall, I really didn't think that My Cup Runneth Over was anything great. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes diary sorts of books and for anyone looking for a short, light read.
My Rating: φφ

3 comments:

  1. This looks cute! I'll have to pick it up if I need something lighter than usual - I tend to gravitate towards heavy or dark reads lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute! I've been wanting to read this series for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book ages ago and agree. It's cute... nothing special. I think I stopped reading in the middle of the second one because I just found it annoying. Great review though. :)

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!