Thursday, June 18, 2009

Marked by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

Marked by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast
Published: St. Martins Griffin, 2007
Series: Book 1, House of Night

After she is Marked, 16-year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is mis-using her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny— with a little help from her new vampyre friends.

Marked was a really really great book. It definitely grabbed my attention in from square one and that is what I liked about it.
The story line was unique and I really loved the different take on the vampire genre. This one reminded me more of Wicca rituals and such than actual vampirism.
I really liked all of the characters except for Aphrodite who I thought was a bit mean. But I guess every story has to have it's bad guys.
Overall, I felt that Marked was a great start to a really great series. I'd recommend this one to anyone who is a fan of vampires or witches.
My Rating: φφφφφφ

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good read and a start to a great series. I might start this series over the summer. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. :) I honestly can't say I like the House of Night series that much, but it is a good plot and very interesting. Glad you liked it though. And don't worry- you learn more about Aphrodite and she isn't simply the stock mean girl.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!