Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Looks by Madeleine George

Looks by Madeleine George
Published: New York : Viking, 2008

Two high school girls, one an anorexic poet and the other an obese loner, form an unlikely friendship.

I loved reading Looks.
The first thing that drew me to the book was the cover, I just thought that the cover looked really interesting.
Looks goes a lot deeper than just a good cover however.
For starters the descriptions that Madeleine George provides within her book are amazing. They are almost poetic-like and magical.
The characters were all really well developed too. I really loved Meghan and Aimee which was obviously the desired affect from the author. I didn't like Cara but she was a well-developed character.
The story line itself was great too, everything flowed and there was never anything I doubted or felt was missing.
One thing I really loved about Looks was that everything was there, when I was reading it I thought it would be good to read more about certain aspects and later on they were there. I also just loved how events unfolded and were revealed slowly but really interestingly.
Overall, I really loved Looks and would recommend it to anyone interested in reading a highly entertaining novel with magical descriptions. I will definitely be getting myself a copy of this novel.
My Rating: φφφφφφ

5 comments:

  1. I've heard really great things about this book. I have to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too! her descriptions were so dead-on & exact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it sounds really good! I hope my library has it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the cover of this book, looks like so much fun. :) I think I may chance a read at it too since you liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I nominated you for an award on my blog!

    shutupimreading.blogspot.com
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!