Saturday, June 20, 2009

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
Published: New York : Simon Pulse, c2008

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends–her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.
Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know that he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.
This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.

I would say I enjoyed reading Living Dead Girl because I did but it just doesn't seem to be so fitting.
Living Dead Girl is a really well-written novel and I admire Elizabeth Scott for having the ability to write a novel of this stature really well and she set the scene and mood perfectly.
I feel this is a really serious novel and it isn't to be taken lightly.
I felt an attachment to the character Alice, I felt sorry for her and I really wanted to help her.
The story line itself was really interesting. It's also rather sad.
I quite liked the ending, it was sad but at the same time there was hope.
Overall, I liked Living Dead Girl. It was sad and a really well-written novel about emotional conflict and abuse. This one is quite serious and I would recommend this one to anyone out there interested but I must say that it is not really suitable for the faint-hearted.
My Rating: φφφφ

3 comments:

  1. A lot of people like this book, and I like the cover... hmm, Ill have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has gotten good reviews will have to find it but I think it may be one you have to have the right mind set.

    Seahn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gothic Lolita sounds really interesting. Thanks for coming by. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!