Saturday, June 6, 2009

Life On The Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers

Life On The Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers
Published: London : Macmillan, 2007


Claire and her mother are running out of time, but they don't know it. Not yet. Claire is wrapped up with the difficulties of her bourgeoning adulthood—boys, school, friends, identity; Claire's mother, a single mom, is rushed off her feet both at work and at home. They rarely find themselves in the same room at the same time, and it often seems that the only thing they can count on are notes to each other on the refrigerator door. When home is threatened by a crisis, their relationship experiences a momentous change. Forced to re-evaluate the delicate balance between their personal lives and their bond as mother and daughter, Claire and her mother find new love and devotion for one another deeper than anything they had ever imagined.

Life On The Refrigerator Door is a novel written in the form of notes on a refrigerator door between a mother and daughter. I read this book within a couple of hours and I have to say that this was a really good read. I've decided to do this review in pink because I think it is very fitting.
I really liked the characters, they were all unique and special in their own way.
The story line itself was really good. But it was also very sad. By the end of the book I had tears in my eyes because it really is a sad read. It really puts things into perspective.
Overall, I felt that Life On The Refrigerator Door was a very well-written, thought-provoking novel. It definitely captured emotions well. I recommend this to anyone who likes real-life reads and also anyone who feels this would be a good book for them. I only have one suggestion, have a box of tissues with you when you read this novel because you're going to need them.
My Rating: φφφφφ

1 comment:

  1. Someone else reviewed this book and said it was good. I like the format of the book. The notes sounds like a great idea. Thank you for the amazing review :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!