Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Published: New York : Harcourt, 2009

Seventeen-year-old Jessica, adopted and raised in Pennsylvania, learns that she is descended from a royal line of Romanian vampires and that she is betrothed to a vampire prince, who poses as a foreign exchange student while courting her.

I waited forever to get a hold of this book and so when I finally got it in my hands I thought, this had better be a good read seeing as how I've had to wait so long for it, and luckily I really loved Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side.
From the first page I was hooked into the novel. There was no mention of vampires for quite a few pages which was quite good. It got me interested because I was wondering who the mysterious guy was. From there, the story line branched out to become an elaborate and interesting adventure. I felt that the descriptions were definitely not lacking with this book. I almost felt as though I was there in the book with the characters.
The characters were all very interesting and really well developed. I really liked all of the characters. Every once in a while I got annoyed at both Jessica and Lucius but I soon forgave them.
Overall, I feel that Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side is a brilliant novel and I strongly advise anyone to pick it up and read it. Beth Fantaskey has done a brilliant job with the vampire genre and I would love to see more work from her in the future. I recommend this book to anyone interested. It's a brilliant read.
My Rating: φφφφφ

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm in the "waiting forever to get my hands on this" club too. I cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I will read this sometime :) It sounds like an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good work also check free online dating jion free www.marrymee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.
    You have some blog awards:
    http://anotherbookblogwhore.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-awards-yay.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!