Sunday, June 28, 2009

In My Mailbox (13)

In My Mailbox (13)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

So, this week I got more books out from the library than I was expecting to. I also got a surprise book in the mail for review. But thats OK because I will be on a bus from 8 in the morning until about 6 or 7 at night so I'm hoping to get a bit of reading done then and then after that it is the holidays for two weeks so here's hoping I get a lot of reading done. And now for the books:
For Review:


100 Bible Stories will soon be hidden in your child's heart and bursting out in song. From Genesis and Revelation to Psalms, Proverbs, and Jesus' parables, children will read their favorite Bible story and sing their favorite Bible song. Bible truths and Life Action Applications will help your child take these Biblical teachings to heart. 100 kid-friendly Bible stories, with adorable illustrations, are paired with two awesome CDs filled with 100 new arrangements of more than two hours of favorite songs, hymns, and spirituals. It's a unique experience the whole family will enjoy!

From the library:


Adam's return from death has made Phoebe's love life even weirder. Now she has to choose between two zombie boys. She knows how Adam needs her, but she still has feelings for Tommy. Meanwhile, the zombie population of Oakville, Conn., continues to grow. As their numbers rise, the undead community is becoming increasingly divided.

I was really excited when I got this from the library. I was surprised that I got this cover for it though as I was expecting the cover with the flower on it but I'm happy either way.



Each time fifteen-year-old Hannah and her out-of-work father move she has some fears about making friends, but a classmate warns her that in Maplecrest, Vermont, the cheerleaders really are monsters.

This book has been on my reading list for a while now so when I saw it at the library I grabbed it. Another good thing about it is that it will help me fill out the Z category for an alphabet challenge that I'm doing.

A lump of coal that wants to be an artist, but would settle for making decorative marks on a piece of grilled meat, rolls out of a forgotten bag of charcoal one winter and takes a spin through town seeking a miracle.

I thought this book was kind of cute and I really like Lemony Snicket so I got it out for a quick five minute read.


Turquoise Draka, a mercenary trained to fight vampires, witches, and shape-shifters, infiltrates a vampire stronghold, but ghosts from her past and new possibilities for her future threaten to distract her from the work at hand.

I've waited a long time to get a hold of this book and now I finally have it to read, I just hope it's really good. I got told that it was a little boring so I'll just have to wait and see.

Well thats all the books I got this week, I definitely cannot wait to see what everyone else got.

15 comments:

  1. Great books, you should be busy reading those. I need to work on my IMM post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being on buses and stuff because it gives lots of reading time!
    Great books. I think I will use Zombie Blondes for the alphabet challenge as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiss of Life! I completely agree in that! ::wishes her library carried such cool books:: I'm lucky if they update the YA section once a decade--with books that are two decades old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading KISS OF LIFE now! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read 3 of your books!!! UGH Have to do an amazon list azap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul! Some great books there! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zombie Blondes is a great horror read! So different from Kiss of Life but still good. I hope you enjoy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh. Both "Kiss of Life" and "Zombie Blondes" sound really good. I *almost* put "Zombie Blondes" on hold at my library last week. I think I might do it this week!

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a great haul this week. i am diggin the zombie books (Zombie Blondes and Kiss of Life)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Den of Shadows is a great series! I've recently finished Demon In My View and really liked it! Hope you enjoy one of my favorite authors!

    Jessica
    shutupimreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I haven't read Amelia Atwater Rhodes in a LONG time. Midnight Predator was my 3rd favorite from her Den of Shadows series. #1 was Demon in My View and #2 was In the Forests of the Night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Kiss of Life! I can't wait to read it! I hope you're enjoying all your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Lump of Coal sounds like a fun Christmas book

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome books this week, I've read generation dead kiss of life should be interesting.
    I can't read on the bus, as i get travel sick very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got Kiss of Life this week too! I can't wait to start it. The flower is the UK cover which may be why you didn't get that one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!