Sunday, June 21, 2009

In My Mailbox (12)

In My Mailbox (12)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren.

First of all I actually got a book in the mail this week so I'm really excited about that. So, this week I ended up getting heaps of books out from the library in a way it's a good thing because I'll be going away next Sunday and so I felt the need to get a few books to take with me. And they are:

Rumours by Anna Godbersen

After bidding goodbye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise.
All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoonmaker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind—including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.
As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past.

I won this in a contest from YA Reads. Which I am so excited about.


From the library:


Strange things are happening in Skeleton Creek and Ryan and Sarah are trying to get to the heart of it. But after an eerie accident leaves Ryan housebound and forbidden to see Sarah, their investigation takes two tracks: Ryan records everything in his journal, while Sarah uses her videocam to search things out … and then emails the clips for Ryan to see.

In a new, groundbreaking format, the story is broken into two parts -- Ryan's text in the book, and Sarah's videos on a special website, with links and passwords given throughout the book.

I wasn't expecting to get this book this week but I happened to have it on hold when it arrived at the library which was really cool as this book seems really interesting and a really cool concept. I can't wait to read it.



When fifteen-year-old Lexi's younger sister Kasey begins behaving strangely and their old Victorian house seems to take on a life of its own, Lexi investigates and discovers some frightening facts about previous occupants of the house, leading her to believe that many lives are in danger.

This book sounds really creepy so I got it. I've heard that it's a really good read.


HE WAS BORN WITH GREAT POWER
The greatest superpower of all isn't to be part spider, part man, or to cast magic spells–the greatest power is the power to create.

Daniel X has that power.

AND A DEADLY SECRET
Daniel's secret abilities–like being able to manipulate objects and animals with his mind or to re-create himself in any shape he chooses–have helped him survive. But Daniel doesn't have a normal life. He is the protector of Earth, the Alien Hunter, with a mission beyond anyone's imagining.

NOW THE FATE OF THE WORLD RESTS ON DANIEL X
From the day that his parents were brutally murdered before his very eyes, Daniel has used his unique gifts to hunt down their assassin. Finally, with the help of The List, bequeathed to him in his parents' dying breath, he is closing in on the killer.

Now, on his own, he vows to carry out his father's mission–and to take vengeance in the process.

I've been meaning to read this one for a while so I decided to get it when I saw it at the library.


The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E Pearson

In the not-too-distant future, when biotechnological advances have made synthetic bodies and brains possible but illegal, a seventeen-year-old girl, recovering from a serious accident and suffering from memory lapses, learns a startling secret about her existence.

This one sounds really good and when I was looking at it, it seemed kind of science fictiony so I decided I definitely want to read this one.


Five stories of supernatural romance. Stories written by Melissa Marr, Scott Westerfeld, Justine Larbalestier, Gabrielle Zevin and Laurie Faria Stolarz.

I really love most of these authors so why not read this great book of short stories.


After the death of their father, two sisters struggle with various issues, including their family history, personal relationships, and an extreme eating disorder.

This one I got for an upcoming theme week and it sounded really good.


While dealing with her first boyfriend and suddenly being pressed into service as a substitute cheerleader, sixteen-year-old Daisy Giordano, daughter and sister of psychics but herself a "normal" attempts to help her mother discover who is behind a series of bizarre attacks on teenage girls in their little town of Nightshade, California.

Last week I got the sequel, so this week I ended up getting the first book in the series so I can read them both.



Sixteen-year-olds Chelsea and Miya have a lot in common, from their love of blogging, loss of loved ones, and the Shonin rainbow warrior books, to nationalities, even though they are half-way across the world from each other.

This one sounded quite interesting so I thought I would have a go at reading it.

Well thats it for this week, can't wait to see what everyone else got.

21 comments:

  1. Great haul you've got there! Some awesome sounding books! I'm jealous of Love is Hell and Dead is the New Black! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanna read Gothic Lolita so I'll be looking forward to that review for certain! And I wanna see what Love is Hell is like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Bad Girls Dont Die!

    Good week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your review on Gothic Lolita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great haul this week. I really enjoyed reading The Adoration of Jenna Fox, it was a book that stayed with me long after the pages were read. It is an amazing read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to read SKINNY. Can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, nice load of books. I really want to read Skeleton Creek.

    Dead is the New Black was fun and quick...I want the other two now...and Adoration of Jenna Fox was awesome.

    -Lauren

    YA Book Carnival is live. Come and party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books...I LOVE the Luxe series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good haul this week! Bad Girls Don't Die looks good (and the cover is actually a little scary). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gothic Lolita looks soo good. I read the Luxe and it was good so Rumors should be good also. Have fun whereever you are going. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked some nice books at the library! Congrats on winning Rumors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read the Luxe series but it looks pretty interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished Bad Girls Don't Die and it's really good. I loved The Adoration of Jenna Fox too.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm dying to read Gothic Lolita! I'll be looking forward to that review. Lots of great books this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh.

    Skeleton Creek. =) I was part of the 'sleuth' team on the original site before the book came out.

    It wasn't a bad book at all, especially for the format! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the visit last week!

    A lot of really good books. I've read "Rumors," "The Adoration of Jenna Fox," and "Dead Is the New Black," and can safely recommend all of them!

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been wanting to get my hands on Bad Girls Don't Die. Nice haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great week! I am curious about Skeleton Creek!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!