Friday, June 12, 2009

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Evernight by Claudia Gray
Published: New York : HarperTeen, 2008
Series: Book 1, Evernight

Sixteen-year-old Bianca, a new girl at the sinister Evernight boarding school, finds herself drawn to another outsider, Lucas, but dark forces threaten to tear them apart and destroy Bianca's entire world.

I found Evernight to be quite a different book than I had expected. At first I had just expected it to be some sort of vampire school that Bianca went to and discovered a horrible secret about the school or Lucas or something. But it wasn't entirely that clear-cut.
The prologue at the beginning of the book was the only reference to vampires until about 1/3 of the way through the book which surprised me. Normally, I don't really like books that have the ending or some other part of the book at the very beginning but this time it intrigued me.
The story line itself was quite a good one, there were several twists in the plot that had me quite surprised. One downfall Evernight had, however, was that at the start it was a little boring but it did get better a few chapters into it.
The characters were quite interesting, I liked Balthazar he was quite a cool guy. I grew to like Patrice and Bianca as well. Lucas I wasn't too fond of but I didn't hate him.
Overall, I really liked Evernight, it was very surprising. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves a good suspensful novel and also to fans of the vampire genre.
I will definitely be reading the sequel Stargazer.
My Rating: φφφφφ

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review :)
    I want to read this book and think it sounds really interesting! I like the idea that vampires aren't mentioned until about 1/3 of the way through the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does nobody like Lucas that much?! I liked him...he's even better in Stargazer♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!