Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Book Recommendations

Book Recommendations

Lately I've been looking for new reading material that I would really really love.  I would love to find some new favourite books.  I read across several genres and the kind of books I'm looking for are: really scary books, books that make you laugh out loud every second, and anything that will capture my interest and be a definite favourite.  the only fiction I tend to avoid is the ones with talking animals and most of the diary style books.  But I am always willing to try new things.
So, My Favourite nooks are:
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
Alanna : The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
Howl's moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
Demon Thief by Darren Shan

As I'm still trying to avoid re-reading books, if anyone knows of any books that they think I would like that are similar to these ones I would be greatly appreciative.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I've only read Howl's Moving Castle out of those and LOVED it!

    Here are some recommendations for you:
    Carter Finally gets it by Brent Crawford--it's laugh out loud funny. I'm 18 and thought it was hilarious. I reviewed it recently so if you want to know more you can check that out if you'd like then you can see if it's your type of book. It's not really something I'd normally pick up but I still really liked it b/c it was just sooo funny.
    The Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray-I saw that you liked The Luxe so you might like these. They are pretty slow in the beginning but once you get into it there's no going back. They are REALLY good. I think you might like them.
    Beastly by Alex Flinn--really cute retelling of beauty and the beast. it's a love story that is highly enjoyable.
    The season by sarah maclean--another love story. If you like Jane Austen you'll love this. It's super cute and has a bit of mystery on the side.
    tmi by sarah quigley--soo funny especially the "fantasies" by the main girl.
    the summoning and the awakening by kelley armstrong-i saw that you're reading claudia gray's evernight so i think you'll love this series.
    serendipity market by penny blubaugh-since you like howl-like fantasy/magical type stories you might like that one. It's short and really neat.

    that's all I can think of :) I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!