Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reading On Film: Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons


Today I went to see the film Angels and Demons directed by Ron Howard and based on the novel by Dan Brown.  The first thing I have to say about it is that I loved it.
There were quite a few parts that were different to the novel but overall it was a thoroughly pleasing film.  It definitely sparked my memories of the book in places however.
Characterwise, I thought that Tom Hanks once again made a great Robert Langdon.  I did however feel that the character of Vittoria wasn't quite how I imagined her.
Nor was the Vatican library.  But you do get that with films they never are exactly the same as they are in the books.  Which made me wonder if there was some law that made directors have to change parts of movies so they differ from the books.
Overall, however I was utterly thrilled with the film adaption of Angels & Demons and if the third book (not yet published) gets made into a movie I will definitely be going to see that.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, it sounds good. My dad wants to see this but I want to re-read the ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You have something here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!