Thursday, May 7, 2009

Need by Carrie Jones

Need by Carrie Jones
Published: New York : Bloomsbury, 2009

Depressed after the death of her stepfather, high school Junior Zara goes to live with her grandmother in a small Maine town, where new friends tell Zara the strange man she keeps seeing may be a pixie king, and that only 'were' creatures can stop him from taking souls.

Need was a pretty good book.  At first I felt that it was a little slow going but the element of mystery kept me reading through the novel.
There were a lot of twists and turns in the plot that had me really surprised by the end of it. There were two things that I had guessed but that is nothing compared to the amount of surprises there actually were.
There was one thing that annoyed me in the book however, this was when Issie commented on Zara having a weird name.  I have to say that I thought Issie was more of a weird name than Zara.
Characterwise, I didn't have any complaints they were all decently developed and such.
Overall, I felt that Need was a good fantasy novel with a tiny bit of creepiness.  I'd recommend this to anyone who is a fan of fantasy and also likes a good mystery.
My Rating: φφφφ

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. This book definitely sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!