Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kisses and Lies by Lauren Henderson

Kisses and Lies by Lauren Henderson
Published: New York : Delacorte Press, 2009
Sequel to Kiss Me Kill Me

Orphaned British teenager Scarlett Wakefield postpones her romance with the handsome son of the school groundskeeper in order to travel to Scotland with her American sidekick, Taylor, in search of clues to the murder of a boy who dropped dead after kissing Scarlett.

Firstly, I have to say that I really love mystery novels and Kisses and Lies has made me remember just how much I love them.
Although, Kisses and Lies is a very contemporary mystery novel.  I liked it because it was fresh and exciting.  There were a few twists and turns in the plot that had me clinging on to every word I read.
Unfortunately, I felt the conclusion was an Ok conclusion but it definitely could have been a bit better.
I didn't mind the character Scarlett, the only thing that annoyed me about her was that she kept going on about her family, and Dan and Jase a bit too much.  Taylor was definitely a very cool sidekick however, she was definitely a very brave girl and would one day make a great detective.
There were a couple of surprises in the storyline that made me wonder where things were going but I still found it a little bit predictive.
Overall, I thought Kisses and Lies was a fun little mystery story that along with its previous book, Kiss me Kill me, make a very entertaining and good mystery.  I'd recommend this to anyone who is a fan of mystery novels and is just looking for a light read.
My Rating: φφφφ

1 comment:

  1. It's good you enjoyed it, even if there could have been improvements. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!