Sunday, May 31, 2009

In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox (9)

The idea for In My Mailbox came from The Story Siren.

This week, I was planning on trying to reduce my reading pile but I ended up getting quite a few books from the library and also I borrowed a couple of books.  I'm doing this post quite late at night and I'm not really tired so just for something to do I tracked down some websites to do with each of the books and if you click on the book titles you can go to those pages.

From the library:


Having grown up in a California commune, Bliss sees her aloof grandmother's Atlanta world as a foreign country, but she is determined to be nice as a freshman at an elite high school, which makes her the perfect target for Sandy, a girl obsessed with the occult.

I had this book out from the library once and didn't get to read it.  It looked really good though so I'm going to try read it this time around.




After discovering her true identity as Princess Tania of the Faerie Realm, a sixteen-year-old British girl returns to the Mortal World, in search of her mother, Queen Titania, who disappeared 500 years ago.

I've read the first book in this series and I quite liked it and as the fourth book in the series has just recently been released I thought it would be a good idea to try read the rest of the series.




To save her from dying in a horrible accident, Lia's wealthy parents transplant her brain into a mechanical body.

I thought that this book sounded really good when I read a synopsis for it.  It sounds kind of science fictiony and I really like science fiction so I decided I should read this one.



Ever feel invisible? Charlotte Usher did. Teased by classmates, overlooked by teachers, beneath contempt of the popular and ignored by Damen, the guy of her dreams, she barely registered on the radar at Hawthorne High. The kind of girl no one would ever miss if she died tomorrow. And then she did...

The End?

Not exactly...


I saw this book at the library and I thought it looked really cool.  So I'd give it a read.




Araminta's Aunt Tabby has won a Transylvanian holiday for four so she and all the adults of Spook House are going for a much-needed break but it just so happens to be Araminta's birthday, too. So who will keep an eye on Araminta and her friend Wanda? Mathilda, Araminta's 'grown up' cousin, arrives to babysit, along with two rowdy teenage ghosts.

I've read the rest of this series and I really like Angie Sage's books so I had to read this one. My  review for which is here.



Cathy is in St. Louis, Missouri. It's been six months since she'd discovered her boyfriend was immortal. She searches for answers to her father's death and finds a website on the internet. This an immortal fortune teller whom claims she can help Cathy find out if her father really died of heart attacked. The fortune teller's name is Auntie Joe. When Cathy met her Auntie Joe said that her father did not die of a heart attack. He was murdered. Then Auntie Joe said that if Tsao (her boyfriend, Victor's father and an immortal) could not marry her, he will kill her. After Auntie Joe told her about some things Cathy wanted to know, Cathy took a Greyhound Bus to San Francisco, her home. But, little did she know that it was the beginning of another crazy adventure through the immortal world.

I saw this book at the library and it had some cool bits and pieces in it so I grabbed it.


The Borrowed:



When the laboratory technicians working for Ancestor Lu discover the key to the immortality genetic structure, Victor names it the "Cathy Key" in honour of his quest to make Cathy immortal. Ancestor Lu humours him. But when events go fatally wrong and a Fortune Teller's grim prophecy comes true, soon a homicide investigation is underway and Cathy, once again, is a little too close for comfort Cathy's Key is a brilliantly involved thriller, a love story and an entirely interactive experience with further developments to the websites and phone numbers and online activity which make this package so unique and special.




When 17-year-old Cathy wakes up one morning to discover a needlepoint near her elbow, her mother is typically suspicious and worried. But Cathy has other ideas and quickly puts them into action. In pursuit of her missing boyfriend (who she feels must be linked to the strange mark on her arm) she starts piecing some startling facts together which lead her into the dangerous underworld of San Francisco's China Town. Throughout her findings, Cathy keeps a secret journal and gathers many items of evidence as well as telephone numbers and websites - leaving it all for her friend Emma to find should Cathy go too far and not come back. All this evidence can be found, integrated into the book and also available to download online. Readers who fully explore this compelling and unique novel, will enter an alternate reality as they reach deeper into the thrilling mystery of Cathy's world.

I got the third book in the series out of the library so I decided I had better get the first two so I borrowed them from my boyfriend's sister.  My review for Cathy's Book is here.

And that was my week in books, I hope everyone else had a great week.

26 comments:

  1. Yeah Skinned Ugliesish which is great because I love Uglies. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Skinned looks Ugliesish, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've read Skinned. It's really good. :) It does resemble Uglies, especially the cover I find.

    I'm also kind of interested in Bliss. I got it out of my library before, but was too creeped out to read it. I guess I'll see how you like it, and maybe try it again.

    Some greats books you got this week, so happy reading.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. GHOSTGIRL was a great read. I just finished my ARC of Ghostgirl: HOMECOMING, book #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week! I've been wanting to read those Cathy's books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you certainly got a lot. Those all look really good. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great amount of books. The Cathy series have always gotten my attention, but I have yet to purchase one. Maybe sometime soon. Skinned was a great book, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ghost books look fun. Might add them to our wish list. If you don't mind, please check out our summer book drive. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skinned looks like a good one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am ordering Ghostsitters b/c of you & Skinned. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! Skinned looks amazing. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you got some great books this week. Skinned looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know Angie Sage had another series! Thanks for this - I'm going to have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound like great books. Enjoy reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice stash! I love your layout-the kitty is so cute :-D
    -AMY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Skinned sounds brilliant, eh? And how nice is the cover? I hope to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should read Skinned. It's very good.

    Enjoy all those books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Lost King looks soo good. I have yet to read the first book...

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an excellent week! If you end up liking Skinned, definitely check out Adoration of Jenna Fox! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got some really great books this week. Bliss sounds like a creepy book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear Skinned and Bliss are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I saw you said you liked the Faerie Path books. I'm a new blogger and I am going to be doing an interview with Frewin Jones. Check it out! =)
    http://seaofpages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Skinned is such a great book! Hope you enjoy it! And I really want to read Bliss.

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bliss sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!