Sunday, May 24, 2009

In my mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (8)

The idea for In My Mailbox came from The Story Siren.

This week I had a good week, I didn't get too many books.  All of the books I got this week came from the library.


The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary's truths are failing her. She's learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future-between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

Ever since I read the description of this one I've wanted to read it, it sounds really really good.  It also sounds a little creepy so it definitely caught my eye.



The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Lyra and Will, the ordinary children who were left in such extraordinary danger at the end of Book Two, find themselves facing even greater perils. Old friends come to their aid and they make new allies.

I really loved the first two books in the series and have been meaning to read this one for years.  And so now I finally got it out so I can try read it at some point.


Envy: A Luxe novel by Anna Godbersen

Manhattan's most envied residents appear of have everything they desire: wealth, beauty, happiness. But sometimes the most practiced smiles hide the most scandalous secrets.

I got the second one last week and so when I saw this at the library I grabbed it.  I really really love the cover of this book and the other books in this series.


So, that was my week in books.  I hope everyone else had a great week.

20 comments:

  1. I enjoyed both Envy and The Forest of Hands and Teeth on two very different levels but enjoyable all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Forest of Hands and Teeth is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be curious to know what you think of Forest of hands and teeth. I had very mixed feelings about it. Oh, and Amber Spyglass is just amazing. I truly hope they never make that into a movie actually. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got The Luxe and Envy reserved at my library! I can't wait to read them. Hope you enjoy your books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your reads this week. Forest of Hands and Teeth is a really tense yet beautiful story and I hope you enjoy it. The Luxe series is something I just didn't gel with but I think most people love it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You recieved some good books this week. I like the cover for the Forest of Hands and Teeth. I cannot wait to get into the Luxe series. They are up on my TBR list and I will read them this year. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great week! And really gread books! Love the cover for Forest of Hands and Teeth. I need to read Envy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that cover of Firest of Hands and Teeth. The combinations of red and black is nice. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, sounds like a great week! Hope you enjoy all your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cover for Forest of Hands and Teeth. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forest of Hands and Teeth and Envy look really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you enjoy Forest of Hands and Teeth. I did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool week! They all look realky good. Out of interest, which Forest & Teeth cover do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. To be honest I prefer the other cover of The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I don't really like this one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool books you got this week, i love his dark materials series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what is that red thing on the cover of Forest of Hands and Teeth? interesting to see how you'll like it. it was a good post-apocalyptic story. I still have to get into the Luxe series. The dresses are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, some nice books you got this week. :) I've also read the first two of the Luxe series, but I've yet to read Envy. And The Forest of Hands and Teeth is a great read. Have fun reading!

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVED "The Amber Spyglass"! It was one of my favorite books of all times! I even liked it more than "The Golden Compass". I really want to read "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" and I've heard good things about "The Luxe Series". Looks like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I just added the Luxe series to my list. Thanks for sharing. Have a good week and happy reading. My mailbox is here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting books you got this week. I have only read northern lights and have yet to read the other two in the series. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!