Sunday, May 3, 2009

In My Mailbox (5)

In My Mailbox (5)

This week was quite a good week for me, I got several books that I am very excited about reading. The books I got this week all came from the library.

Chibi Vampire Volume 8 by Yuna Kagesaki

After months of little romantic development, are Karin and Kenta ready to take a big step forward in their relationship? With the young couple finally starting to hold hands in public, Maki forces the issue by setting up a date.



Chibi Vampire Volume 9 by Yuna Kagesaki

After months of very little romantic development, are Karin and Kenta ready to take a big step forward in their relationship?



Demon In My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes


Seventeen-year-old Jessica Allodola discovers that the vampire world of her fiction is real when she develops relationships with an alluring vampire named Aubrey and the teenage witch who is trying to save Jessica from his clutches.



Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

As seventeen-year-old Sarah, daughter of a powerful line of vampire-hunting witches, continues to pursue the ancient bloodsucker Nikolas, she finds herself in a dangerous friendship with two vampire siblings in her high school.



Chibi Vampire Volume 10 by Yuna Kagesaki

Things are finally going great for Karin. She's now officially going out with Kenta, and she's even met another vampire who has similar problems to hers. However, her luck may not continue when she finds out the true reason behind the love between vampires and humans.



Chibi Vampire Volume 11 by Yuna Kagesaki

As Karin deals with the newly revealed defects of her own body and how it will affect her relationship with Kenta, Anju is facing her own set of problems. Anju has always been weak to sunlight but her aversion seems to be getting stronger. Could this mean she's close to becoming a fully awakened vampire? How will Karin react when she finds out? And will it tear apart the friendly sisters forever?


Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Lia and Cassie were best friends, wintergirls frozen in matchstick bodies.  But now Cassie is dead.  Lia's mother is busy saving other people's lives.  Her father is away on business.  Her step-mother is clueless.  And the voice inside Lia's head keeps telling her to remain in control, stay strong, lose more, weigh less.  If she keeps going on this way—thin, thinner, thinnest—maybe she'll disappear altogether.


Well that was my week in books, I hope everyone else had a great week.

18 comments:

  1. Awesome week in books. I love the look of Wintergirls. It's not released in the UK at the min, I checked at Borders in London. I'm looking forward to your review of it, it'll make the wait bearable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound great! Hmm someone's a fan of vampires hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wintergirls looks really fantastic! I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha lotsa vampire books there. Plus wintergirls, which is a great book. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment. Im just gonna take a guess here and say that you have a think for vampires?? lol
    anyways thanks

    Jordan (Inside the Mind)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am diggin' the vampire theme going on this week. I not read any of the chibi vampire books, but the look soo cute. I peak at them every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Chibi series sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your selection sure does have a lot of bite lol (sorry couldn't resist). Not necessarily my cup of tea but I am excited to read your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard great things about Wintergirls. I'm curious about the books by Amelia and would like to know what you think. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those two vampire novels looks interesting, I had not heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wintergirls is an amazing book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you got some great things. Demon in My View is also in my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The winter girls cover looks interesting, but unfortunately the book itself doesn't sound too appealing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoy Wintergirls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wintergirls looks really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!