Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Demon In My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Demon In My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Published: New York : Delacorte Press, c2000
Series: Book 2, Den of Shadows

Seventeen-year-old Jessica Allodola discovers that the vampire world of her fiction is real when she develops relationships with an alluring vampire named Aubrey and the teenage witch who is trying to save Jessica from his clutches.

Demon In My View is part of the vampire genre.  I quite liked the book, it was a very small book being only 176 pages.
I have to say however, I felt that Demon In My View was nothing too special.  It was a nice read for a relaxing afternoon and the story line was relatively interesting.
The characters were interesting enough but they weren't special in any way.
Overall, I thought that Demon In My View was an interesting read and good if you want something short to read.  But it was nothing extraordinary.
I will however to continue to read the rest of the series as they are entertaining enough.
I'd recommend this one to anyone who is a fan of vampires, witches or anyone just looking for something short to read. I would suggest however reading the first book entitled "In The Forests Of The Night" before reading this one as there are quite a few references to the first book.
My Rating: φφφ

1 comment:

  1. I read this when it first came out. I'm pretty sure I was 14 then, and there weren't as many vampire teen books the way there are now. In fact, YA has blown up as a genre in the past 7 years. Yikes, I feel ancient all of a sudden. My favorite Atwater Rhodes book is IN THE FORESTS OF THE NIGHT, and HAWKSONG. She

    The original covers were so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!