Monday, April 27, 2009

Untamed by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast

Untamed by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast
Published: St. Martin's Griffin, 2008
Series: Book 4, House of Night


Life sucks when everyone's out to get you.  Just ask Zoey Redbird—she's become an expert on the subject.  She's gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her to being an outcast.  Speaking of friends, of the two Zoey has left, one is undead and one is unMarked.  And Neferet has declared war on humans which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong.  But will anyone listen to her?  Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened.

I have mixed feelings about Untamed.  In one hand it wasn't too bad but I do have a few complaints about it.
On the positive side, the storyline was quite a good one.  I was constantly wanting to know more about what was happening.
Although, I felt that it was packed with too much irrelevant stuff.  For example, the fact that Zoey has to talk about what has happened in the previous books about fifty times.  I just think it's pointless.  I also don't see why Zoey has to narrate every little action she's about to do, like in the heart of all the action she is thinking things like "oh wow, I've never done this before and I'm not sure I can do it."  But she thinks those things for a giant paragraph.
Another complaint I have is Jack, I don't really know how old he's supposed to be but it just seems like he's about 10 the way he acts.  It just drives me insane.  He arrived at the House of Night not much longer after Zoey and yet it seems like they all treat him like a little kid and he acts like one.
Overall, I felt that the characters were really annoying.  But I feel that the storyline was decent enough for me to continue to read the rest of the series because I want to know what happens next.  I just hope that the characters get better however.
My Rating: φφφ

1 comment:

  1. the characters stay the same and the story gets SOOOO boring!! The first and second book had a lot of potential but as the story keeps going it gets worse, and worse, and worse. It's being filled with tons of useless information. Basically the authors are milking it for all it's worth, which to me is selling out. It's like they don't care about the content anymore. :( I actually liked it for a while so that really sucks. I can't even finish Hunted because it's boring me out of my mind.
    I hope you enjoy the rest though, maybe I'm just picky. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!