Saturday, April 11, 2009

Revealers by Amanda Marrone

Revealers by Amanda Marrone
Published: Simon & Schuster, 2008


Jules has a rebellious streak, a massive crush on Connor, and the abilities of a Revealer witch. By day, she and her coven friends seem like typical high school seniors. By night, they have the power to make werewolves, vampires, and ghosts reveal themselves, so they can destroy them. It's not exactly cheerleading, but at least the girls know they're doing the world some good.
One by one Jules's friends turn eighteen and are initiated into the coven's inner circle. And one by one, they are getting completely freaked out. Jules is the youngest, and though her friends are too scared to tell her what's going on, something's clearly not right. As her birthday approaches, Jules realizes she's got to find out what's behind the shadows of her coven before it's too late to save her friends ... and herself. But what she discovers may be too powerful for even the toughest witches to defeat.


Revealers is a neat little story that incorporates demons, witches, werewolves, vampires and ghosts all into the one book. I quite liked reading it.
The storyline was a pretty good one. I thought the suspense of finding out what the big secret was pulled me into the story and had me reading a lot to find out just what it was.
Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed with the big secret and the ending. I felt there was too much hype for something that wasn't such a big thing.
However, character-wise, this book had some pretty decent characters. I liked the characters Dani, Jules and Michael. A few of the others I felt to be quite weak.
I thought Revealers would be full of surprises and twists and turns at every step. Unfortunately, I found the novel to be quite predictable in several places.
My overall opinion is that Revealers is a good read. It's interesting enough but not one of the best books I've read.
My rating: φφφ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!