Sunday, April 5, 2009

In My Mailbox (1)



In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbox is a weekly thing where I show you what I got in the way of books for the week.

This week all of the books I got came from the library.

I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
Punk Rock is in Emily Black's blood. Her mother, Louisa, hit the road to follow the incendiary music scene when Emily was four months old and never came back.
Now Emily's all grown up with a punk band of her own, determined to find the tune that will bring her mother home. Because if Louisa really is following the music, shouldn't it lead her right back to Emily?

Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee
When she is almost sixteen years old, Rosemary decides she is sick of being overweight, mocked at school and at Heavenly Hair--her mother's beauty salon--and feeling out of control, and as she slowly loses weight, she realizes that she is able to cope with her mother's cancer, having a boyfriend for the first time, and discovering that other people's lives are not as perfect as they seem from the outside.

House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
When Charmain is asked to housesit for Great Uncle William, the Royal Wizard of Norland, she is ecstatic to get away from her parents, but finds that his house is much more than it seems.

7 comments:

  1. Artichoke's Heart seems like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a nice stash of books. I Wanna be your Joey Ramone is such a great book. I really enjoyed it and I hope you will also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not read any of those! can't wait to see what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Artichoke's Heart. It was sweet and cute, fast and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked out house of many ways! hah! what a coincidence:) I really loved the anime version of howls moving castle so I'm sure I'll like it.
    Happy reading!
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARTICHOKE'S HEART! I really want to read that. And the Joey Ramone one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!