Saturday, April 4, 2009

In The Forests Of The Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

In The Forests Of The Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Published: New York : Delacorte Press, c1999
Series: Book 1, Den of Shadows



By day, Risika sleeps in a shaded room in Concord, Massachusetts. By night, she hunts the streets of New York City. She is used to being alone. But now someone is following Risika. Someone has left her a black rose, the same sort of rose that sealed her fate three hundred years ago.
Three hundred years ago Risika had a family—a brother and a father who loved her. Three hundred years ago she was human.
Now she is a vampire, a powerful one. And her past has come back to torment her.


Wow. This book was definitely a good one. For starters it was a vampire book that had guts. It wasn't just soft and light and romantic like most of the vampire books I've read lately. There was a very good storyline.
The way this story is written is great. I think that Amelia Atwater-Rhodes uses great descriptive words. The flow of the story worked really well and I loved how it flicked back and forth between the present and the past.
I loved the characters. Risika is great. I found her story fascinating. I loved how she was a strong character and that eventually she overcame her fear. This book definitely set my emotions going. At times, there were sad parts and then there were the parts where I felt sorry for Risika and what she had been through.
The twist at the end was quite a good one as well. I didn't really expect it but I had an inkling of a feeling that, that was going to happen. But by the end of the book I had shoved it out of my mind.
Overall, this was definitely a really good read. At first I was a little judgemental of the cover because I didn't think it was very exciting but when I opened the book I just couldn't stop reading it. I had to know what was going on and I wanted to know straight away.
It's quite a short read but it is a very good one indeed. I recommend it to anyone who likes a good gutsy story and anyone who loves vampires. I know I will definitely be reading more books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.
My Rating: φφφφφ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!