Friday, April 10, 2009

The Good Neighbors by Holly Black and Ted Naifeh

The Good Neighbors by Holly Black and Ted Naifeh
Published: New York : Graphix, 2008
Series: Book 1, The Good Neighbors

Sixteen-year-old Rue Silver, whose mother disappeared weeks ago, believes she is going crazy until she learns that the strange things she has been seeing are real, and that she is one of the faerie creatures, or Good Neighbors, that mortals cannot see.

Firstly, I have to say that I really loved the illustrations, they were really really good. I really loved the style in which they were done. The fairies were drawn so well and I loved how all of the illustrations had a lot of detail to them.
The storyline was very good. I felt that everything went together and flowed smoothly. The only thing I didn't like about the storyline was that the ending was rather abrupt. It definitely left a lot of things open and so I definitely can't wait to read the next book.
The characters were relatable and I really like the character Rue, she was definitely a notable character. She was also drawn very well.
Overall, I quite enjoyed this graphic novel. I will definitely be reading the next one. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys graphic novels, fairies and anyone who loves a good suspensful book.
My Rating: φφφφ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!