Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cover to Cover (1)

Cover to Cover (1)

What better time to start a new feature than now.

So...

What's this all about?

This feature is all about book covers. You could kind of tell that by the title but you never know. So this week, I have thought long and hard about what I should feature as this weeks feature. And my final decision is The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan.

Lately, there has been a lot of talk about The Forest Of Hands And Teeth. The talk is about how great it is and such. I haven't read it yet but I have had it on hold at the library for a very very long time.

All of the covers of it I had seen had been really awesome. I absolutely love the cover with the girl on the front it looks very mysterious and such. It definitely is eye-catching and makes me want to pick it up and read it.

However, the other day when I was looking around some shops I happened upon another cover of The Forest Of Hands and Teeth. This one wasn't as exciting. Too me it was kinda boring. Now don't get me wrong I don't always judge books by their covers. But after seeing the great American version of the cover I was kind of disappointed with the UK version. I will still definitely read it though.
Anyway thats just my opinion on the cover. Let me know what you think.
Oh and just so you know the US version is the one with the girl and the UK version is the one with the black background and red thing.

2 comments:

  1. I find the UK cover uninteresting because neither the text type or the picture grabs you, the US cover has defiantly had more money spent on it which makes you wonder wether they think americans are more swayed by book covers in the publishers opinion to warranted the extra money spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UK=weird. I think it's supposed to be a flower, but it looks like a wilted head of lettuce. Or a deformed hand. The US's cover has a gloomy atmosphere and it's very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!